Dosage for ampiclox for a two month old neonate

Good afternoon, I am a Pharmacist. I came across Ampiclox 90mg/06ml. How do dispense this in absence of clear prescribing instructions to a two month old neonate.
Asked On : Sat, 24 Mar 2012

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Medical drugs in pediatric age group patients are advised depending on the severity of clinical condition as well as the body weight. The usual dosage of antibiotic like Ampiclox is 10-15mg / kg body weight / dose. This dosage is usually prescribed twice or thrice a day according to the need.

I would encourage you to advice your customer to get a clear prescription from his/her doctor and then dispense the medication accordingly.

It is unwise to prescribe a dosage to a child without proper guidance.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.