Door slammed on the hand knuckles. Having bulge, throbbing pain in the little finger. Solution?

I was working on my grandmothers ranch when as I was getting out of the truck the wind caught the door and slammed it in my hand . Right behind my knuckles, there s a protruding bruise between the knuckles for my index and middle finger . But my pinky finger hurts between my first joint all the way to the knuckle, I try not to bend it but forget sometimes. I can move the rest of my fingers just fine without pain, there s only pain in my pinky fingers, and some slight throbbing... It has been about half an hour since my hand was slammed in the door.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
From description it seems to be soft tissue injury .
You need an x-ray to rule out any bony injury.
I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.Beside icing and elevating it, you can take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin to reduce pain and inflammation. Avoid lifting weight and rest well.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.