Done ureteroscopy and laser lithotripsy. Difficulty urinating, UTI. Due to muscle weakness from catheter?

Hi, I have a post-surgery urology question. A month ago, I had ureteroscopy and laser lithotripsy to remove a large kidney stone (2cm), that the surgeon cut out near where the ureter meets the bladder. I've had a foley catheter for most of the time since the surgery -- removed after 4 days, the ureteral stent removed after 4 more days, and another one put in 4 more days after that (12 days after surgery) because I had so much difficult peeing (abdominal muscle spams, etc.), plus had a UTI. That catheter was in for 10 days, and then when I didn't void within 90 minutes, they insisted on putting another catheter in for 2 more weeks. I'm about to be checked again, and I have two questions: 1. Will my muscles have weakened (after 3.5 weeks with catheters), thus making it more difficult for me to urinate? And if so, what do I do about it? 2. Should I object if they want to keep me with a catheter for a longer time? My theory is that I don't void much in the afternoon anyway, judging from what shows up in the catheter bag, and that giving me 60-90 minutes to void is too short a time to tell.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013