Done ultra sound; A dominant follicular cyst. Precautions and treatment?

I have done an ultra sound yesterday as i was having irregular periods.The ultrasound report read as below : Both ovaries are normal in size and echotexture.Right Ovarian volume is 5.8cc and left is 10.6cc.A dominant follicular cyst of size 1.7x1.3cm is seen in the left ovary .Both ovaries show peripherally arranged tiny follicles with central echogenic stroma .However ovaries are within normal limits for size .No adnexal Abnomality impression : essentially negative study Please advice what this report means and is it cancerous ?I am young and unmarried but this report has been pretty disturbing .What are the precautions to be taken and how can it be treated...Is this very serious?What are its implications to my future?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012