Done tympanoplasty. Ear still blocked, hard of hearing. How long for ringing to stop?

Hi Dr. Sumit, I had a tympanoplasty 5 weeks back in my left ear due to 80% perforation. I did not have any problems post operation, no cold , no infection and doc says my graft has been 100% successful. Am back to office now but I feel frustrated because my ear is still blocked and I feel hard of hearing . I need to know how much time it will take for me to hear clearly and the constant ringing in my ear to stop? Is this normal? Thank you so much, BYL
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012