thank you for your query.
thank you for the detailed history.
yes,it seems like you've acquired the infection from the tongue ring.sometimes piercings dont heal properly and hence the infection spreads to the surrounding areas.and oral cavity being a place where continuous rotation of germs is present,infection is common.
i would advise you to-
-not to take a piercing out as it can lead to further complications.
-Keep it clean. Wash your hands well before treating your piercing, then wash the piercing once or twice a day with antibacterial soap.Remove any developed crust with with a cotton swab that has been moistened with antibacterial soap.
-Stay out of the pool. Avoid pools, rivers, lakes, hot tubs, and other places that may harbor infectious bacteria.
-start a course of anti-biotics and anti-pyretics,also pain killers if the pain persists for more than 3 days.
consult an ENT specialist
for temporary removal of your piercing till the infection subsides.
wishing you good health