Done surgical abortion a week ago, have intermittent cramps and bleeding. How long will this last?

I had a surgical abortion 8 days ago and around day 3 I started to have cramps . I have been bleeding light since the procedure. It lightens up and then comes back. The cramps have been worse the last 3 days and I notice when the cramps get worse that is when the bleeding comes back. How long will the bleeding and cramps last? I was 7 weeks and 1 day according to the ultra sound done before the procedure. Is this normal? Should I be worried?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013