Done surgery to remove material protruding from disc. Doctors not agreeing to see me. What is wrong with back?

Hi, A few years back I had a discectomy for a herniated disc that was causing a great deal of pain. The pain remained after the surgery & has since worsened. I am now at the point where I can not stand or walk for more than a few seconds before excruciating pain causes me to have to sit down. I sleep in an office chair because I can not lay down, not even with pillows under my knees. I have to lean forward with my head on my desk to sleep. I m not getting a whole lot of refreshing sleep, if you can imagine. The back pain I am experiencing is so severe that within seconds of standing or walking, I start to sweat profusely, tremble and my heart rate rises rapidly. Once I sit back down, it takes a few minutes for all of this to subside. This pain has totally taken over my life. I have also had problems with depression over the past few years, no doubt because of the severe changes in my life and the constant pain. My problem is that because I had surgery to remove the material protruding from my disc (L5-S1), no doctor will agree to even see me. I have tried emergency rooms & walk-in clinics to no avail. I no longer have a family doctor either and have been unsuccessful in finding a new one. As soon as I write back pain on applications, I m told that the doctor doesn t treat back pain patients! I m confused, scared & very worried. Do you have any idea what might be wrong with my back? Also, any advice as to how I should proceed, in order to get someone (any one) to listen/treat me? Thank you so much, in advance, for listening to my concerns. I greatly appreciate you taking the time. RC I was not aware that this was a paid service. I assumed (my fault) that this was a public service offered for no fee. Because I don t have a doctor, therefore no one to answer my insurance companys questions...I don t even get my benefit payments any more. Ten dollars to me might as well be a thousand or a million. Sigh Oh well. Thank you at any rate.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  9 Awaiting Answer