Done surgery for strangulated bowel. Nausea, gagging, abdominal pain. What can I take?

I have had surgery for a strangulated bowel approx. 2 years ago. Last night I was awakened by the sudden urge to vomit . I thought maybe it was the flu . BUT I realized I was experiencing the same symptoms as the twisting of my bowels. The difference , I did not vomit, although I have gagged several times, I Have had a bowel movement , but I still continue to feel a pain not nearly as excruciating as in the past, but still pain in the abdominal area. What can I take.
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012