Done sperm analysis. Prescribed Cipro. Has cipro affected sperm quality?

hello there! My husband and I are trying to conceive and we had his sperm tested to see if he was dealing with infertility issues. Everything tested out fine except for the morphology of his sperm. His first test was only 12 percent normal forms, then he took another test 2 months later with 17 percent normal. (The normal reference ranges we got back from the lab were 70 - 100 percent) We got his most recent test back with 30 percent normal. My husband had prostatitus about 6 months before we started testing his sperm quality, and his doctor put him on a month s supply of cipro, which I have heard is a very potent antibiotic . Do you think it is possible that the reason his count is suddenly going up from the first test is b/c the cipro affected his sperm quality? He has had no other change in his life, no diet or lifestyle changes. We are trying to figure this out. Is there any way to increase normal sperm morphology? Thank you so much for your help! Laura
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012