Done partial knee replacement. Pain when walking. Done physical therapy. Tendon cut too short?

I had a partial knee replacement about 5 months ago due to a meniscus tear that I also had surgery on 8 months before and I was wondering why it feels like i have a band around my knee. It feels tight and like someone is squeezing from the top to the bottom of my knee, and I get a pain when I walk on the right side of my right knee but its every now and then when I am walking. I did all of my physical therapy and I m still not able to do steps and I m still out of work. Do you think a tendon or ligament was cut to short because I still don t have full motion? My doctor promised it would get better I just am wondering if I should have had a total knee replacement
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013