Done nasal septoplasty, scraping of cartilage, stent placed. Thrush, pain on throat. Prescribed nystatin. Fast relief?

32 year old male had nasal septoplasty surgery and scraping of cartilage and bone on both sides of nose. Stents put in both sides. Have to breathe only through mouth. Now have thrush in back of throat. Incredibly painful and only passage for breathing. Havent slept in 2 days. Dr called in Nystatin to gargle then there anything else I can do for relief now. Seeing doctor in 5 hours just don't know if I can wait
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013