Done left foot construction, swollen toes, sensitive nerves. Help

I had a left foot reconstruction done on the 28th May 2012. I stricktly followed and adhered to all my surgeon s instructions after the operation. My foot, especially my toes, are still very swollen. I cannot wear closed shoes and are still wearing my Green Cross sandals I wore for 8 weeks after the cast was removed. The nerves under my 2nd and 4th toes are extremely sensitive. I am despondent as I thought this problem will be sorted after the surgery. Please advise. Jeanette, Pretoria RSA
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
I would encourage you to see your surgeon again and communicate your ongoing issues to him. Foot swelling following major survey can be problematic and go on for a long time. You do not say what your initial diagnosis was i..e. why your foot surgery was performed as this may also be contributing to your original symptoms. CRPS is another possibility. Please follow the link below to find out more information about this.

Best wishes