Done follicular study, prescribed Duphaston. Is it safe to take these tablets?

hi Mia , I am trying for pregnancy for last 4 months. Got my follicular study done and understand i am having normal cycle. i ovulated on day 16 with size 17mm approx. and doctor adviced for IC on same day after ovulation . Also, She asked me to go for tablets Duphaston from day 17 for 5-days and go for HPT on 6th day i.e Day23 of ovulation. Is it safe to have these tablets and do i really need it? Will it alter my cycle and i doubt it will be difficult to understand my next ovulation dates as with these tabs i might get mc early
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012