Done fistulotomy. Internal wound not healing, painful. Anything I can do?

Hi I had a fistulotomy done in aug of this year after an awful year of repeated peri-anal abscesssess, the internal pain is still really bad although the wound has completely healed on the outside. I went to see the surgeon who said the internal wound is still raw and open and he doesent know why its not healing? he said to give it a few more months and wait and see, but I am constantly in pain and need to know is there anything i can do?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012