Done fasting blood test. Family history of high cholesterol. How can I lower my cholesterol level?

Took a fasting blood test recently. I am 64 female, 5 2 105 lb, good shape, athletic. results shot up in 2 years. 248 cholesterol 79 Triclyc 75.2 HDL 157 LDL 3.3 CHOL/HDL 173 NON-HDL CHOL All the men in my family are on Lipitor . I began eating red meat and more eggs last two years due to low energy and fatigue , increased stress. Do not eat dairy or wheat or soy products, minimal gluten . Prefer not to go on prescription. Could I lower this if I stop meat/eggs and eat just fruits and veggies with chicken or fish as protein source, plus plant protein powder? Or should I go on Lipitor ASAP before I resume a vigirous work out routine? Thank you!
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012