Done endoscopy for Barretts. Histroy of Barretts test from two endoscopies negative. Positive result possible?

I had two endoscopies last year and biopsies on both occasions came back negative for Barretts. I had my third endoscopy yesterday and I have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for results. I suppose what I would really like to get your view on is the following: from your experience and knowledge can you tell me if this is a usual situation? Would you be surprised if the results are positive after two negative results?

Many Thanks

Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013