Done emergency C-section. Have low grade fever, redness, swelling. Taken amoxicillin and bactrim. Is the medicine correct?

I underwent an emergency c-section 2 weeks ago. Four days followimg the surgery I began to run a low grade fever, redness and swelling around the suture. I went to ObGYN twice over the days that followed. She opened the incision and it drained for a few days. The drainage was yellow/orange and tinted with blood. The amoxicillin first prescribed did not seem to work because I continued have a fever for a full 10 days (ranging from 99.0-101.0)
Upon my second visit the Dr. Irrigated the suture and did a culture. The culture came back as Entrobacter bacterial infection. I'm currently on Bactrim. I have two questions: 1) is bactrim the correct antibiotic? 2) I've developed what appears to be a large mass or cyst/abcess in groin on right leg near pubic area. Is this related to the infection? I warm compressed it this even. My fever has been down for 24hrs and my swelling had decreased. Any information/advice you could off would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013