Done colonoscopy due to diverticulitis. Back cramps and shivers after taking Movicol. How to stop attacks?

Hello, I had a colonscopy, scan due to an attack of diverticulitus. I had intravenous antibiotics in hospital and now can eat everything but have to drink a lot of fluids. I still get constipation , but when I take Movicol, it causes severe cramps in my back and I get the shivers (no fever) and have to remain in bed for the day. I get these attacks quite often, but my gastro saw nothing wrong on the colonoscopy and said it was just constipation due to ISB. What can I do to stop these attacks?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013