Done chemotherapy for throat cancer. Swollen ankles, chronic atrial fib. Cannot walk or get up from futon

About twenty-four hours ago, I could barely get up from a futon. An hour before that, I was perfectly fine. Beginning this afternoon, I could not walk without a walker. Now, I can barely move, even with a walker. I can barely get in bed and cannot move very well once in bed. I have had NO back pain, and there was no event. I just finished my last radiation treatment 3 weeks ago, and chemo 5 weeks ago for throat/neck cancer. My immune system is down. I have very swollen ankles, mostly from chronic atrial fib (and I am told by my cardiologist that at least some of the swelling is a side effect of diltiazem . Interestingly, the swelling just came back last week. During my chemotherapy , the swelling was gone and my ankles were tiny, like when I was a young cyclist. I am 61 and have never had anything like this happen, ever. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012