Done cauterization for post coital bleeding, recurring cervical ectropion, taking birth control pill. Should I come off it?

I had cauterization of my cervix done one week ago to treat post coital bleeding. Having had a cervical ectropion in the past, my dr (through the process of eliminination) diagnosed it again. I am on a low-dose combined birth control pill, having taken a break and recently resumed taking them. I have to wait another 2 weeks to have sex again, to see if I am still bleeding, but my question is: Should I come off the pill?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013