Done blood test, zero platelet count. Done hernia surgery. Is it cancer?

I did a blood test two week ago and my platelets was 0000. I was alarmed and went to my family doctor he said I should consult a blood specialist. I checked my medical file and found that my platelets count was always over normal range and all other numbers are normal. I did hernia surgery in 2012 and no one told to check with a blood specialist. I am 63 years old healthy I do not feel anything I just want to know if I have cancer?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013