Done blood test, back x-ray shows atherosclerotic calcification, history of high cholesterol, family history of heart disease

Hello, I am a forty year old non smoker, healthy weight, healthy diet, with an active lifestyle. My blood work in past years has been excellent. My last good blood test was in 2009. I recently had my blood work done and my ldl is165 hdl 47 triglycerides 87 and total 229. I had a back x ray that indicated atherosclerotic calcification . I have a history of high cholesterol and heart disease in my family including both living parents. My doctor did not explain much about this at the time of my appointment. When I researched this on the internet I was scared to death at what I read. I am scheduled for a ultrasound at the end of the month.
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012