Hello and welcome to HCM
Your father has got Liver Function Tests done which detect the functioning of the liver,
Your report indicates:
1. Total Bilirubin: 3.97mg/dl, Bilirubin is raised, normal value is between 0.2-1.0mg/dl
2. Conjugated bilirubin: 1.17mg/dl, It is raised, normal levels are
3. Indirect bilirubin: 2.80mg/dl, It is raised, normal levels are 0.3-1.0mg/dl
4. Totalproteins, albumin are normal
6. A:g ratio is slightly decreased
7.SGOT and SGPT are raised, Normally they are between 0-40 IU/L
These values indicate that the liver function tests are derranged.
There is damage to the liver cells/ hepatocytes which causes an increase in bilirubin and SGOT &SGPT levels.
There is some kind of obstruction in the biliary tract which causes increase in alkaline phosphatase.
This condition is called Hepatocellular Jaundice
Ther are various causes of hepatocellular jaundice. Viral hepatitis
is one of the common cause. However, test for hepatitis B
is negative (HBsAg).
Other causes of hepatocellulat jaundice are:
Other hepatitis viruses: A,C and E
Infections with viruses, bacteria
Metastasis of othet cancers to liver
Investigations need to be done to find out the cause.
Thanks and Take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal