Done aortic valve replacement. Dizziness, anxiety. Has anemia. Cause?

My husband is postop 8 days from aortic valve replacement ( tissue replacement) and a two-way bypass graft of the left descending coronary artery , using a mammary vein and a femoral vein ...(artery???). We were warned about dizzy spells and were told about the various ways to treat it and its causes...but to call if he gets dizzy with shortness of breath.. He gets about 3 to 4 dizzy spells a day since he has been home for 48 hours. Today he has had 2 dizzy spells while just sitting and being still and then after he had taken pain medication. He is worried about doing harm to his new vein bypass, etc. As much as we have been told and I do have some medical understanding of what is going on. (I am a medical transcriber), however, it is causing anxiousness to my husband, as a week after surgery, in the hospital, his heart went into bradycardia (he was bouncing around from 22, 32, 40-45, then shot up to 111 and slowly stabilized in the mid 80 s, he was six hours from a decision being made to place a pacemaker due to his heart rate so low. They withdrew the Amiodarone and Lopressor and about 24 hours later his heart returned to 80-85 beats per min and it has stayed there. His dizzy spells are still going on but they are very short, 5-10 seconds and he gets anxious feeling when they happen. When I take his pulse/heart rate by stethescope, it is always in the mid 80 s or less during these episodes... So what is causing this and should I call his doctor??? Could this be pain medication driven or part of the healing process as everything is healing? or is he having some anemia . (He did have one transfusion after open heart surgery.)???
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013