Done USS Doppler test. Recommended varicose veins surgery in left lower limb. Is surgery mandatory, alternate treatment?

I am a 50yr old lady. Command Hospital Air Force, has recommanded surgery for vericose veins in my left lower limb . USS Doppler report of my left lower limb is as follows : a) No DVT . b) Left SFJ is incompetent. c) Varicosities medial aspect of the thigh. d) Vericosties medial aspect of the leg and posereo-medially aspect of the leg. e) Incompetent perforators mid 1/3 rd laterally. f) Incompepetent perforators postereo- laterally. g) Two incompetent perforators mid 1/3rd medially. Is surgery mandatory? Else, is treatment possible with oral medicine , etc.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012