Done Open heart surgery, type 2 diabetes, on dialysis, quite. Reason for not responding normally?

My 80 year old male cousin had open heart surgery two weeks ago. He has type 2 diabetes and is on dialysis. He seems to have lost his will and does not walk or eat much. Normally he is quite chatty but now is very quite. I haven't seen him personally as I live in another city and am unable to speak with his doctors or nurses. What are some of the reasons he wouldn't be responding normally? Thank you any questions for his family to ask the doctors would be appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013