Done HCG test, may be pregnant. Taken Duphaston. No periods. Do not want pregnancy

Since last January 2012 my monthly didn t come then I went to doctor for check, I m 45 of age now and she took some test and one of this is hcg after a week she said that maybe I m pregnant . I remembered the same day I visit my doctor I got contact with my boyfriend then she didn t give me any medicine coz she want me to come back again for another test. I was so confused and immediately I took duphaston 2 tab a day for 7 days. After a week I m waiting for my blood but it didn t happened. I don t want to get pregnant coz I m old now to take care of another baby and I m working here in middle east which is not allowed if not under marriage. Please advise ... Thanks !
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012
Hi, Elizamac,
Thanks for query.
It seems that you may be in pre manopausal stage where there is irregularity of period starts due to hormonal changes.
So it is better to confirm with second HCG test to rule out pregnancy.
As you had sex contact on the same day when you consulted doctor but it has nothing to do with your present problem.
Ok and bye.