Done ALC, PCL and MCL repair. Taken bactrim for open wounds. Using brace. Long term outcome?

had acl , pcl reconstruction and mcl repair after football injury. Acl repair done using middle third of patellar ligament , cadaver ligament used for pcl. Initial surgery 10-2-2012. First 2 weeks ok then staples removed and bloody raised bubble ( hematoma ) appeared midline on kneecap incision and burst with that incision line opening up. Had 2nd surgery for debridment and went home with wound vac for a few weeks to high school. Culture was staph. Then an area over acl screw became swollen red painful after wound vac removed. Surgeon lanced it in office and cultured it as staph. Said it was poor wound healing . Said I needed another surgery this time wanted to take skin from my thigh and do plastic surgery over my knee to that continued draining wound and this new place but that grafts were fine. My mom said no if grafts were fine going to plastic surgeon to see what they say that this was a wound issue. Plastic surgeon said plastic surgery was silly needed wound healing. Did Dakin s dressings twice a day for a month things looking better. FYI had receiving Bactrim for weeks on end. and had gotten iv antibiotics for a few days after 2nd surgery ( debridement in hospital). Anyway open wounds almost healed then these green braided sutures erupted from area over the screw and went back to orthopedic surgeon and he pulled them out using tweezers from my almost healed wound and untied them from that graft. Gave me a renewal for my bactrim and said come back next week. Came back next week and screw on opposite side of knee where there was no incision directly above was brusied with a soft spot in the middle of it. Skin stll intact above. Said I needed another surgery. Got it done my diagnosis is septic arthritis and osteomyelitis. Discharged home after 4 days of Vancomycin Iv while they waited for cultures to grow out staph again. Have Picc line and getting Cefazolin Sodium 2 grams Iv every 8 hours at home for the next 6 weeks. Just discharged home yesterday with home health nurses and an IV infusion company rep. I am back in an thigh to ankle brace locked out at 30 flexion. PT wihich I had been doing 3 x a week stopped for now obviously. I played both defense and offense in football and went to state last year in track. What is my long term outcome. The screws and all hardware, bone all came back staph when hardware removed. Said dont like taking it out before 6 months but had to have mine out at 3 1/2 months because everything abcessing and rejecting. Having a horrible experience. Never been sick before and never had to go to doctors before except for immunization shots. Please give me an answer.
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013