Donated kidney. Having muscle spasms in the area after being physically attacked. Torn scar tissue?

On May 21st 2010, I donated one of my kidneys to my sweet and loving Daddy at the Cleveland Clinic. Being able to help him in that way was one of the best feelings I have ever. Everything went wonderful and we both recovered well. About 6 months after the surgery, at a time when I was feeling back to my old self, my sisters new boyfriend physically attacked me. He yanked me off the couch and tried to throw me down- we wrestled in air and on the ground for a bit before I was able to get away from him. After that occurrence my muscle spasms where the kidney was taken out, that has previously subsided, came back with a vengance. I had horrible painful muscle spasms for a good while after that every night when I layed down. Basically whenever I layed down flat and relaxed, my muscle spasms would kick in. I had thought they would eventually go away but they haven’t. I don’t feel it everyday anymore and it is no where near as deep or painful but I still get muscle spasms in the same spot if I ever overdo it. I just stretch and focus on my breath and they eventually go away and I can relax. But I am wondering what happened? Was it torn scar tissue? Is this something that happens often? Is this something that I will deal with for the rest of my life? Thank you for your time, Donna
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Answers:  0 Views:  41 Awaiting Answer