Dome lumbar MRI. Explain asymmetric broad-based left foraminal and extraforaminal disc protrusion?

Hi, I have multiple questions concerning my lumbar MRI. My GP called and said I needed a consult with a neurosurgeon concerning the findings but would not elaborate. My appointment is not for three and a half weeks from now and I m in considerable pain. My first question is what is L3/L4 demonstrates asymmetric broad-based left foraminal and extraforaminal disc protrusion (4mm) contributing to mild left neural foraminal narrowing. The narrowing abutting the exiting L3 nerve root . Second question: There is degenerative discogenic change with multilevel disc desiccation . There is endplate degenerative change particular L2/3 with endplate Schmorl s node formation along superior endplate of L3. Also mild endplate Schmorl s formation T12/L1. I also have mild disc bulges at L2/3 L4/5 with moderate left facet arthropathy . What does all this mean?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013