Doing splits, heard a pop near buttocks, pain in knee

Hi. Earlier today I was doing the splits standing up and I wasn t warmed up enough. I pulled my leg up into a split and her a pop near my right butt but i didn t feel the pain right away. I put my leg down and that s when I felt a muscle(??) pain from my right butt to the back of my right knee . I can walk in small steps without too much pain but if I try walking at a normal speed or faster it hurts. Also whenever I try to sit down I have pain in my lower right butt cheek. I m currently on vacation so I m out of the country and can t get to a doctor right away. I would like to know what s wrong with my leg and if I need to see a doctor.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Hi, Heb,
thanks for query.
It seems that you got pulling of hamstrinmg group of muscles giving rise to this problem.
Nothing to worry.
Give rest to hamstring muscles.
Apply some pain reliever and muscle relaxant cream over the part.
Take some pain reliever medicine.
Ok and bye.