Dog bite, injections started, can non-veg food be eaten post this ?

my pet dog bite my son,i started injection to my son.Some people say that he should not eat non for two and half months.Is it right or a myth?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.

Taking anti rabies injections and tetanus shot are important. If he is taking the course as per your doctor, your son can be given non veg food as long the food is well cooked and hygienic. There is no proven scientific proof concerning eating non veg food and any significant problems in patients bitten by a dog. The vaccines available nowadays are of very high purity and do not cause any problems. It might have been possible that certain foods caused reactions in those taking the primitive vaccinations for dog bite more than 25 years back but that was not specific to eating non veg food. It was more of an expected side effect in some patients.

Hope this helps