Dog bite 15 years ago, no injection, now forgetfulness, less thinking power. Related to dog bite?

my brother in law was bitten by a dog when he was 14 years old and he did not get a shot of injection after he is 29 years old and feels that his thinking power has become weak plus he forgets things a lot usually he forgets where he put his stuff and leaves his stuff in public this related to his not getting injected? and what to do now in this situation? please help
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012
Hi ! I do not consider the symptoms of your brother are due to not taking the injection shot. As you have mentioned, he usually forgets and leaves his stuff. Is it an old habit or has developed recently ? If it is a recent development, I would advise you to take him to a Neurologist/Physician who may advise you for some investigations for further actions. I wish your brother an early recovery.