Does thyroid impacts our sexual life?

I realized from my fiancee dat she has minimum level thyroid. Want to know if this will cause any problem sex
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
Hypothyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland doesn't produce enough of certain important hormones(T3 and T4). This upsets the normal balance of chemical reactions in the body. Infertility is one of them. She may have decreased Libido and have problem in conceiving. The good news is that accurate thyroid function tests are available to diagnose this problem and treating the patient with synthetic thyroid hormone is usually simple, safe and effective. You can discuss this aspect with her Doctor and don't worry and try and understand your friend's condition as much as you can. Take Care.
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
no it doesnot affect having sex. but its required to get treatment for the same & keep it under control as it might have some issues with pregnancy & its outcome.
Thx all for ur ans, I hope it doesnt impact our normal life.