Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Does the sterilized feeding bottle get contaminated and not safe for future use if mercury gets into it accidentally ?

The thermometer was broken and the mercury was accidentally goes to the container of feeding bottles being sterilized does the mercury could contaminate the bottles and the bottles are not safe to be used?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Mercury is a danger element and spillage of the same must be acted upon immediately, it definitely carries a risk and it is advised to discard the bottles immediately and make sure no human contact happens with the same and the spillage must be collected with precautions and disposed immediately.
If the kids have consumed the same,see the doctor at earliest.


Answered: Sat, 12 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor