Does the noise and pain in the knee affected by fracture of posterior cruciate ligament mean arthritis and what should be the future treatment ?

Hai , myself Kalai from Bangalore. I year back I met an motor cycle and the right leg is caught between the ground and vehicle. After that I was unable to flex my right knee due to pain but I could manage to walk. Upon x ray and MRI scan it was diagnosed as avulsion fracture of posterior cruciate ligament and the fraction bed was 0.1mm. I was applied with POP bandage over the right leg (no surgery done) and advised bed rest. After the treatment period stepping up and down on stair case was difficult for me and slowly felt crepitating noise from the same knee. I was advised with some physiotherapy exercise and the physiotherapist told that the noise in knee was due to weakening of knee muscles. But even after one year the noise in the knee and pain was not reduced. Noise and pain especially while raising the leg in sitting position and considerably less during waling. Now the normal left knee is also started pain. Please let me know the noise and pain the affected knee is sign for arthritis? How I can proceed further for treatment
Asked On : Fri, 17 Jun 2011