Does the VRDL detection indicating weakly positive(1;2 dil) mean something dreadful ?

My VDRL detect- weakly positive(1;2 dil...) the doctors have given me two injection on my butt, and told me to return after two weeks. Is it a dangerous diseases? Is it cureable?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Jun 2011
Welcome to HCM
Good Day
VDRL indicates the presence of Anti-phospholipid antibodies. It could mean Syphilis, Rheumatoid arthritis, SLE, Anti-phospholipid antibody syndrome and many other possible causes. It's possibel you have got Penicillin injection for Syphilis but it would be wise to confirm the presence of Syphilis by doing TPHA Test first. If it is negative then you don't need to be treated for Syphilis, but other causes must be looked for.