Does taking medicine for headache cause hair loss ?

Hello doctor ...i am 24 years height is 5.3 and wieght:56. i had a problem related to hair ... one year back,i had headache problem.and for that i went on a treatment and used medicines for 4 months... problem started at that time... my hair began falling like a bunch... previously my hair was thick and long... now it became very thin. i am much worried of my hair... unable to go out .... please help me
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to HCM
it wud help if u specify ur illness n treatment taken for those 4 mths.hope it wasnt anything major.
As for now try a balanced diet,yoga n avoid any harsh chemical shampoos.massage regularly with warm oil.dont b stressed it may cause more hairloss.
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,Sujini ji,
Thanks for query.
As your hair fall started after your illness and medicines taken for long time.
This may be the cause of hair fall.
You inquire your doctor about your illness and medicines.
If you are having anemia,vitamin deficiency,some problems on your scalp also cause hair fall.
use good branded hair oil containing vit E.
Have nourishing food,green veges,fruits.
Take Iron,Vit E,A,D.
ok and bye.