Does taking Neogest tablet harm fetus ?

Hi... i am pregnant with 9 weeks and my doctor prescribed me for taking neogest 200 mg twice a day... does it effect my child in any way.. i found in google that i causes some defects in the child if it is used. please let me know. How to check whether the baby inside is growing well with no problems... can we predict it by just seeing the scnanning report or need to perfoem any other test.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Follow your gynaeac.
scannig will show you the growth of baby. In latter weeks you can do anamoly scan to find out anomolies.
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

Kindly don't rely on the information you get on Internet. It happens if you take higher doses. Just take it as directed by your Doctor and go for regular follow up.

Your Baby's health condition can be regularly monitored by repeat Ultrasound scans and also looking for its Heart activity.

See your Doctor immediately if you happen to develop, abnormal vaginal bleeding, pain abdomen.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.