Does sugar addiction have withdrawal symptoms ? What are the symptoms caused by sugar withdrawal ?

I m writing about sugar withdrawal . I split up from my wife in July and then divorced. My sugar consumption went up to the equivalent of a 2 whole packages of Hershey chocolate chunks and 10 ice cream cones every night. This has gone on for about 2 months now. I worked it up slowly and have maintained this amount since. I have this after dinner. This is my 7th day without sugar and I feel like I’m falling apart. I feel very angry, I ache all over, I have night mares, and I have the jitters. I have been a heavy sugar user for quite a while. Can withdrawal from sugar feel this bad?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
thanks for choosing health care magic.Dear Ernest,take care.Ups and downs are part of everybody`s life and you should take care .At times crisis you need some support and a reason to relax so people do different things and you have started having chocolate.This much large quantity of chocolate gives some addiction to cocoa of chocolate and some other substance which your body gets absence of it ,your body faces crisis again and so the symptoms like this comes.Sugar withdrawal may not be real case.Start taking some chocolate in small quantity for some days and stop it gradually you will be fine.Get in tough with your doctor for more problems.