Does stopping intake of raw rice during pregnancy cause any harm to the baby ?

I am 22yr old and am pregnant.I have a problem of eating raw rice .does it cause any problem for my baby or my health.if so then how can I stop eating rawrice
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012
Hello there,

This craving for eating raw uncooked rice could be a symptom of Iron defeciency anaemia also . Or it could just be a craving seen during pregnancy. I would like to know your hemoglobin level, if done recently . To reduce your craving of eating raw rice , try eating Avil rice flakes(poha)( commonly eaten by keralites) after roasting it. So it will have a crunchy feel like raw rice and at the same time it is rice . Hope this helps. Have a happy pregnancy :)