Does semen retention have any health side effect? Ejaculate once in a month to be safe

Dear Doctor, I am a 18 yr old male. For the past few months I have been trying out semen retention. I read about it online, though there seemed to be lot of conflicting opinions and arguments both for and against it. I hold back both when masturbating or when actually having sex with my girlfriend, though i still always use a condom. I ve found that this allows me to stay erect for 2+ hours, which makes it easier for her to orgasm multiple times, and we both enjoy it more. When I do this i feel aroused often and am able to edge or have sex every day, sometimes several times a day. My only concern is, will I have any health side effects from this? I ejaculate once a month just to be safe. Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your details. I suggest you not to worry much. I sincerely think you are overdoing sex. Body produces semen for ejection. Semen is a waste product once it is produced. If you do not eject it during sex or masturbation, body knows how to get rid of it. Body gets rid of semen while in sleep or through urine. You cannot hold it in your body.

But, let me warn you, you are practicing something which is against nature and nobody knows what shall be the consequences. So be on the safer side. Practice sex which is conventional and enjoy.

Please post a direct question to me in this website. Make sure that you include every minute details possible. I shall prescribe some sexology psychotherapy techniques which should help you cure your condition.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.