Does scanty periods or spotting means pregnancy ?

Hello Dr, i got my mensural periods in 22 April and my mensuration period is 28- 30 days. yesterday on 20 may i got some bleeding spots on my panty, and that goes for whole day 5- 6 times, no spotting at night , from today morning onwards there are 5 -6 spots till now, now today on 21 May i do urine pregnancy test done but that was negative. pls advice me, whether these sooting are due to pregnancy or not.shall i wait for more 4-5 days to confirm.
Asked On : Sat, 21 May 2011
some times single test may not be helpful.I suggest to repeat the test daily for 3days.
It appears U may not be pregnant.delayed /missed /spoting /irregular periods R common.