Does scanty periods after having safe sex mean pregnancy ?

i am rohit20 yrs oldi had sex with my gf who is 19 yrs old with all safety precautionsshe got periods 5 days late this monthand the bleeding is very much less than usualis she pregnent i am rohit20 yrs oldi had sex with my gf who is 19 yrs old with all safety precautionsshe got periods 5 days late this monthand the bleeding is very much less than usualis she pregnent
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Dear concerned rohit,if you had taken proper precautions then usually chances of pregnancy are less.And again once she has periods pregnancy is out of question.So do not worry.If still in doubt you can go for pregnancy test on your own and get reassured.bye and take care.
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hi rohit;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
If you took precautions then the chances of pregnancy are less.Secondly she got her periods although 5 days late but the bleeding is less if that is a worry then you can tell her to get a pregnancy test done for satisfaction.The periods can be delayed due to stress or fear of pregnancy & the less bleeding could be due to hormonal imbalance also.But for mental satisfaction & safety get the test done with a mornings first urine sample and if it is negative then relax.
Thanks