Does removal or transplant of failed kidney affect the other kidney and what other treatments should I consider ?

Hi There. My dad left kidney is not working from last one year, got pain when travel about 50km. his current age is 54 yrs, he has also gas and diabetes problem. we do x-ray and having checked and suggestion from PGI lucknow, as per there report, left kidney is shrinking down. we had asked them about kidney removal or transplant what they replied would not guaranty of right kidney working properly after left removal. Please help me asap. My contact details are asbelow Email: Mob: 9888333643 Thanks & Regards Binay Kumar
Asked On : Sun, 1 May 2011