Does palm oil or red oil as it is known contain cholesterol ?

Does palm oil or red oil as it is known contain cholesterol?.if it does how much of it. is it bad for health.?
red oil is got from a tree called palm and is grown in africa, especially in nigeria, west africa. from the tree, palm wine is tapped, from the nuts, red oil is extracted. it is said that africans are proned to hypertension and heart related diseases, and science has proved that there is a relationship beween excess cholesterol and heart attack. my question then is to find out if red oil contains cholesterol since it is a staple food of Africans.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009