Does ovulation due to egg rupture cause spotting and how long does it last ?

I am 25 year old female, Married. I have a 28-30 days cycle. i have quite regular cycle . I had a heavy flow last time. and it lasted for 6 days. This time my periods are late for 22days. I took many Home pregnancy tests but all came negative. But few days back the ovulation test came positive twice. So yesterday After that i did the Home pregnancy test in the morning with first urine. It came back negative. Also today i did ovulation test again and it also came back negative. But today i observed a little spotting and it was different than usal bleeding . We did not have unprotected sex before 19-22 days. We had it once, on the 4th day of my last periods, i.e. in june around 15th. I am so confused.Does that mean i am pregnant? can the spotting occur due to some other reasons as well. as i read about spotting before or after ovulation due to egg rupture. For how many days the ovulation takes place? Please answer.I am very scared. I don t want to be pregnant. Please guide.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Jul 2011