Does one get mucus discharge and foul smell from the vagina after stopping Depo ?

I have been faithful to my male partner of 6yrs. I had been use Depo-Provera as contraception for the past 2+ years. My last injection was due March 28. I didn t start bleeding until this past week. I was as expected. Although it sometimes takes several months for one s body to regulate allowing a normal menstration cycle, it was much like my periods prior to my pregnancy . Today I noticed a slight odor and a mucusy discharge. I have only had two vaginal/ pelvic infections throughout my life. I am 27 and fear my partner has been unfaithful. I have never had an STD, and considering I don t have much experience with feminine infections, I don t know what to look for. Could it just be part of my body adjusting to no Depo, could I have a common infection, or could it be sexually transmitted?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011