Does no periods even at the age of 33 mean I cannot get pregnant ?

hi i'm 33years old my problem is that till now i have not started my period and i can't share thing to any one i m married last 5 years and my husband is very nice to me. he never ask any question like why we dont hv baby till now . i m having normal sex life there is no problem but i m worried about can i concive or not . pls tell me if we dont hv period it means that we can't be concive i m 33year old my problem is that till now i hv not period . i can be pregnant or not if any lady who is not having his period till the age of 33 years it means that she cant be pregnant i m a married and having a normal sex life there is no problem . my husband is very nice to me he never have a problem if we dont have a baby but i m not pls suggest me today i went to a gyaecologist and she suggest some test and give some tabs to me but i just want to know that if i hv not period till now than there is a hope to get pregant or not plssssssssssss i m too much worried pls ans my question.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
At the age of 33 if you are not getting periods it suggests you have some problem which need to be investigated. Not getting periods ( Amenorrhea ) could be due to various reasons affecting at different levels like uterus,ovary,pituitary, or hypothalamus. Getting regular periods suggests normal hormone levels , normal ovulation and normal anatomy. Problem at any of the above said level may also cause problem in conceiving. Consult a gynecologist who ll investigate you right from physical examination to few blood tests for hormones and few radiology scans . Take care .